Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I AM NOT CLAIMING COMPENSATION FOR BEING BULLIED

1965
I just realised that with all my talk of compensation, Comcare and the like, I think I need to say that I have not gone down the Comcare path. I am looking after myself. This is not to say that I don't think the people who have done so should not, far from it. My main concern is that the appalling behaviours of those who managed me at CIT are punished in some way. These people have at least been put on notice, even if nothing very 'big' has happened in their careers. I know for sure though, that the careers of at least three I know of have been somewhat curbed - that is, they will not be promoted through their association with bullying - they should of course get the sack but CIT is a gutless wonder. There are others who have totally escaped too, and others whose retirements are not as restful as they should be - they are being asked questions and may well have to appear in court. I am philosophical about the limited results in some cases - these people are totally misery guts anyway, I don't know how they live with themselves - and I think the answer to that is already 'not well'.

Because I am no stranger to abuse, I have found it easier to be stronger and a support for others through this CIT thing. Even though I loved working at CIT and was at devastated at my treatment, I have moved on, sadly, others are still in the throes of pain. I have many exciting projects I am working on and best of all I left CIT with the respect of my students intact - many of whom keep in touch with me. I also left with an excellent reputation among my peers and colleagues. If I upset various CEO's, those acting, some managers and the bullies, great! I had an affect!

My own 'matters' at CIT are as yet unresolved so I will let you know when I know. I am guessing I will get the 'We asked em, and they said nah' - case closed, kind of letter that others have had, but at least I have given my bullies some sleepless nights - more than mine I hope!

There is a faint whiff of 'Class Action' and other interesting developments in the air. More later.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you were bullied at CIT, and the people who did it should be punished. They will know that they bullied, therefore have to accept they were in the wrong. Bullying is a bad thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Survival of the Coolest. L.

      Delete